1. Focus on your strengths
There is a reason why professionals specialise in relatively narrow fields. Typically, choosing one or two specialisations means that the practitioner can provide high-quality treatments and keep up with industry changes and innovations. Think about what area of Aesthetic Medicine you are particularly passionate about and target the clients who will benefit from it.
SWOT analysis will help you find your place in the industry. This acronym stands for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Let's go through those points:
- Strengths – these are the aspects that make your clinic better than the competition. This may not only be the exceptional quality of your medical care, but also your great patient service.
- Weaknesses – include all the elements that make your clinic less competitive compared to others. These are the aspects that allow you to focus on your strong sides and suggest what you should avoid. If you don't feel confident in Thread Lifts but can provide outstanding results with injectables, go for it!
- Opportunities – these are external factors that create opportunities for growth in your business. For example, it could be an innovative treatment that attracts a lot of interest from potential patients, a training course or a chance to participate in Aesthetic Medicine fairs.
- Threats – all situations that can be a challenge for your clinic. Of course, there are situations that cannot be predicted. At the same time, keeping an eye on what your competitors are doing and the trends in the aesthetic industry will help you spot potential dangers beforehand. These can be changes in the cost of certain products or a lack of job candidates.
2. Invest in popular, profitable treatments
Popular treatments which do not require expensive equipments can bring a high-profit margin compared to the money invested.
Our research shows that these minimally invasive treatments make up the largest part of Google searches related to the Aesthetic Medicine sector.
3. Invest in a receptionist
You are first and foremost a medical practitioner, and working with a receptionist definitely helps with organisation.
The advantages are clear:
- Time Unleashed: A receptionist handles phone calls, messages, and appointment rescheduling, liberating you from these tasks.
- Optimal Efficiency: Effective communication and follow-ups boost booking rates without encroaching on your personal time.
- Freedom to Flourish: With this peace of mind, you're empowered to focus on business expansion or cherished moments with loved ones.
- Patient-Centric Confidence: Your clinic-patient communication thrives in capable hands, ensuring a seamless connection.
InDesk will provide you with a team of receptionists who can do all of the above!
4. Don't forget about the Internet
Most of our searches nowadays start on the Internet – also when it comes to finding the right clinic. Your online presence is a reflection of your business.
Ensure your website is:
- Aesthetically pleasing
Benefits of a well-designed website:
- Quick access to treatment details, prices, and clinic location
- Ability to send inquiries easily
- Creates a positive initial impression through professionalism
Leverage social media platforms for cost-effective advertising:
Here you can learn more about What Type of Online Content Attracts New Medical Aesthetic Patients.
5. Nurture relationships
This is important, especially at the beginning of running your own business. As we mentioned, you can think about starting your clinic's social media profiles, and developing a simple website with offered treatments and prices, so potential clients can find what they are looking for easily. It's also a good idea to inform your friends about the new business! From that, you can start building your client base.
A good relationship with your patients (and of course good results from treatments) makes them want to come back to your clinic and tell their friends about it. This is called word-of-mouth marketing and is basically a free technique that is additionally very effective due to the fact that the person sharing the positive experience is trustworthy. Here you can learn more about How To Attract New Clients to Your Aesthetic Medicine Clinic.
At InDesk, we know that outstanding patient service is key to a successful conversion. That's why our remote receptionists ensure that all your patients experience professional, prompt support while allowing you to save time and increase bookings.
6. Stay organised
A good organisation helps you stay calm and increase productivity.
- Strategic Organization: A well-structured approach promotes tranquility and boosts productivity.
- Clinic Mastery: Juggling clinic administration alongside treatments is no small feat, but it can be streamlined.
- Delegation Power: Entrust tasks to a receptionist, from patient communication to deposit collection and direct calendar scheduling.
- Treatment Focus: With responsibilities handled, your focus can exclusively be on delivering exceptional treatments.
- Elevated Patient Care: Patient interaction quality remains paramount, while appointments smoothly integrate with your chosen booking system.
By entrusting a receptionist with diverse tasks, you find equilibrium, enhancing both your personal effectiveness and the patient experience.
7. Continue to develop
The Medical Aesthetics industry is constantly changing and developing. That's why it's essential that you stay on top of your patients' needs. If you have the opportunity to attend a training course to develop your skills, this is a great idea. Keep looking for them!
Attending different types of events, both B2C and B2B, is a good idea. The first type allows you to promote your clinic and attract new clients. On the other hand, during business conferences, you will encounter many networking opportunities.
8. A business course will help you manage your clinic
Apart from the medical aspect, running a clinic is a business like any other. Basic knowledge of management, marketing, and economics will certainly make many of your decisions easier. You will also have the opportunity to improve your business strategy and increase your revenue. Here is a list of free online courses that you can benefit from:
Fundamentals of Digital Marketing by Google
Social Media Marketing Course by HubSpot Academy
Cold Email Masterclass by Mailshake
PPC 101: The Beginner’s Guide to PPC by WordStream
Inbound Sales Certification by HubSpot Academy
How to Make your Instagram Content Stand out by MetaBlueprint
If you have made the decision to open your own clinic, then we wish you the best of luck on this new path. We are convinced that the combination of the above tips will get you off to a good start, and you will be able to enjoy a fruitful relationship with your clients from the very beginning.
Want to learn more? Have a look at The Ultimate Guide to Opening a New Medical Aesthetic Clinic!