1. Love at first sight
First impressions are often crucial. This is why it is a good idea to ensure that the elements a potential patient encounters first are polished. In the online era, these definitely include social media and your clinic's website. Let’s take a look at some tips regarding this aspect:
- The main purpose of online activity is to promote your clinic and provide potential patients with relevant information.
- Make sure that your website is easy to navigate and clear to read.
- Include contact details and information about available services and opening hours.
- Maintain consistency when posting on social media. This way you can build your clinic's image, create a bond with your followers, and have access to a number of promotional strategies that can bring you more clients. Learn more about What Type of Online Content Attracts New Medical Aesthetic Patients?
2. Communication is the key to conversion
The next step on the road to successful conversions is effective communication. And how do you make sure patients are pleased when they contact your clinic? There are some guidelines:
- Nobody likes to wait, so make sure that as many calls as possible are answered, and if for some reason you miss one, be sure to call back. Our research shows that not responding to an enquiry within 1 day reduces the chances of booking by 42% (if you want to learn more about the correlation between the response speed and booking rate, take a look at this article).
- Keep in mind other communication channels such as email, SMS, WhatsApp, or enquiries sent via a dedicated form.
- It can be challenging to provide quality contact with the clinic and attend to patients at the same time, so if you are handling this yourself, think about hiring help such as InDesk. This virtual receptionist service provides a dedicated agent who will take care of communication on all fronts, reschedule appointments if necessary, and follow up with patients after treatment, allowing you to focus on other responsibilities and regain your work-life balance.
3. Good vibes only
When the day of the appointment arrives, your patient is likely to see your clinic in person for the first time and may feel a bit confused. However, you can mitigate their negative feelings and make them feel comfortable:
- It is a good idea to have clear and visible labelling for each room and if your clinic is larger you should also provide access to a plan of the facility.
- Design elements such as neutral colours, plants, and natural materials have a proven soothing effect.
- A good idea to increase the patient's well-being is to use movable furniture. In this way, patients and those who accompany them can rearrange the space for themselves.
- To keep patients comfortable and occupied while they wait, make sure that magazines, brochures, or books are available for them to read.
- The bathroom should be easily accessible and patients should be able to get a drink of water.
- Good lighting for comfortable reading or browsing through brochures, as well as adequate ventilation also contribute to improved patient experience.
4. Attention from start to finish
The care offered by your clinic should not end the moment the patient leaves the practice. It is good to show that your staff is committed to ensuring their complete satisfaction with the treatment. To achieve that, you should do a few things:
- Contact the patient after the appointment to ask if there are any concerns.
- If the patient is happy with the service, you can remind them of the opportunity to leave a favourable review.
- If there are any issues, you will have the opportunity to clear them up and mitigate any negative feelings (Discover 7 Tips from a Clinic Expert on How to Handle a Negative Review for Your Aesthetic Clinic.)
- Alternatively, delegate the task of communicating with the patient to a dedicated InDesk agent who will take care of bookings management and contact with the patient, whether by telephone, e-mail, or other means of communication.
A specialised InDesk agent will make sure that the turnover of your clinic increases, while you can focus on what you do best – conducting treatments.
It is not easy to take care of every detail. This is why it is worth delegating some tasks to professionals like InDesk agents who will handle incoming enquiries, allowing you to focus on what is important for you.